Sunday, October 6, 2013

New Armrest.


Wow, 2 updates so close together. LOL

I recently bought a set of seats out of a Euro van because they had armrests, and I thought it would be neat to have armrests. After test fitting them in my friends bus, I decided I didn't think I would like them. So they are now in the rafters. Then I came up with the idea of just making my own armrests and installing them in my bus some how. My plan was going to consist of an armrest and maybe a bar that went down to the seatbelt bolt. Hubby came up with the idea of using an armrest off of one of the handicap scooter aka Lark. We had a set from one of his Mom's old Larks. After looking at them he figured out a way to connect them to the bus and today we did just that. :D

So here is what he came up with. Of course the paint job is all me and I put the tie dyed cover on it. :D






I want to eventually do the same thing to the passenger side, but hubby thinks it is good enough like this for now. I just think it would look more complete with the other side done too. Will make it kind of tight to walk through, but it would still be doable. 







No comments:

Post a Comment