Saturday, July 13, 2013

No More 1776

Well, we put the motor in the other night, and the next day we pulled it back out. We thought that maybe I had pinched an oil cooler seal in the process of putting them on. After several attempts to put new ones on and checking them before we put everything on, we found it wasn't the oil cooler seal at all. Ended up being a crack in the case. This meant that this motor was not going in my bus now. Hubby is going to try to figure out a way to salvage it, but for now it's a dead horse.

So onto another motor. We decided that since our friends motor was ready to go back into his bus, we would pull the 1600 dual port that we had loaned him out of his bus and put it in mine. I just had to swap some of his parts for mine. So after that was done, this is what I ended up with.




The exhaust started out looking like this.


But I didn't like how the tip came straight out the back so I had hubby cut it and reattach it in a way that it came out the side. It is actually still on the same side, I just had the muffler upside down in the first pic.


Here it is all buttoned up. The muffler tip came out great. It appears to hit the mudflap in the pic, but it doesn't. 



I can tell the difference in the 1600 single port to the dual port, that is for sure. The single had a lot better torque at take off. I will miss that for a while. I just hope the top end torque of the dual port will win me over in the long run. The real test will be on the way to work. I have to climb a hill so I will see if it will either maintain the same speed as the single port, or hopefully do a little better.  Time will tell.

I still plan on putting a 1776 in it, just need to either save the money up for a long block, or hopefully hubby can figure out a way to fix the other one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment